9.8.12

DIY " Hanging wreath decoration"








These hanging wreath decorations are quite a hit here in the Netherlands this season. Unfortunatly I can't seem to find one I like and isn't overpriced. And the ones who know me a little know that when I can't find it, I make it myself!

What do you need?
- wreath
- 1,5 meters of chain
- keyring
- ruler or tape-measure
- tools
- meat hooks

Most of these items are available at the construction market.

Start with pulling the chain thru the wreath and attach it by bending one of the chains open and close it with your tools. Do this three times and make sure the distance between the chains is pretty much equal. When all the chains are attached put them together on the top (I chose for a length of 45 cm). When the wreath is hanging straight, put a keyring thru the links and cut of the remaining parts of chain. 

You can attach the meat hooks on the bottom of your wreath on every place you want. Don't forget to make sure it's still balance at the end.

Hope you guys like the result and when you are going to try it, good luck!

17 comments:

  1. that's so adorable! really loving it.
    Great Job!!

    LOVE BO
    PurePreciousPerfection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures. I like your post and blog, it is very beautiful and interesting. Greetings from Russia.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks great !!

    http://coconutflavor.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an amaing idea , thx for the post! if you get a minute id love to hear your thoughts on my latest outfit post:

    http://pinklovelaugh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi friend your blog looks great im following you now on gfc and bloglovin . would you follow me back ? x anouk www.rockthiscocostyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for DUY! It's a beautiful addition to the room.
    I would surely hit it with my head though))))

    xx
    Tali
    www.Fetishists-Notes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is only the place i chose to make the photo. We still need to make a hook to attach the wreath to the ceiling. You know how those things go ;)

      X Eva

      Delete
  7. wow it looks perfect <3
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is such a cute idea :)

    http://lorihearts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW this is so cute, I´d love to see more posts like this! You have a great taste,very similar to mine! Check out my new post I think you´ll like it !

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohh so beautiful... great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so cool :))))

    www.twinfashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...